Tuition – $3500
Room and Board – $1000
+ GST (5% Tax)
- 6 week | 210 hours of instruction
- Deposit of $1500
- Limit 6 students
Fall Course & East Africa Trip:
Tuition – $3500
Room and board – $2000
(includes all meals and accommodation in Africa
as well as farm stay on Salt Spring)
Flight and transportation – $2500
Administration – $500
+ GST (5% Tax)
- 4 week on Farm | 240+ hours of instruction
- 24 day trip to East Africa visiting permaculture projects and installing our second Practical Permaculture Academy in Tanzania
- Airfare to Tanzania (Fluctuating Airfare Costs may increase price.)
- Room & Board in Tanzania and on Field Trips
- Wildlife Safari to local national park
- Cultural exchange
- Visiting local permaculture initiatives
- Opportunities to stay longer and be involved in permaculture projects in Tanzania, Uganda and/or Kenya.
- Deposit of $2500
- Limit 8 students
- Books & Extensive Library of Multimedia Materials
- Accommodation in the Farm House
- 210/240 hours of instruction and hands on training
- Staple food items as well as a Full Kitchen
- Meal preparation will be the responsibility of the group
- Field trips (which take place 3 Friday afternoons a month)
Please indicate on the preliminary application form if you would like to partake in more than one course.
Add to your Resume:
Graduates will become well versed permaculture consultants, specializing in land and water restoration. Upon completing the course students will receive a Permaculture Design Certificate as well as project placement assistance. Healthy eco systems and food security will be the greatest challenges in the next several decades and this course will train you to become a teacher and or a consultant anywhere in the world.
In the unlikely event that you must cancel your registration please note the following:
All deposit amounts outlined in the course fees are non-refundable. Cancellation up to 4 weeks prior to the start day of the course will be refunded less the non-refundable deposit amount.
Cancellation within 4 weeks of start date will be refunded as follows:
- More than two weeks before the course but less than 4 weeks: we will refund 50% of the course fees.
- Less than two weeks before the course start date: we will refund only 25% the course fees.
- Once the course has started, 100% of the course fees are non-refundable.
Full payment must be received 30 days prior to any course start date.
In order to register for one of our courses, an application form must be submitted and a non-refundable deposit for the course tuition must be mailed to us. We will accept participants in the order that the cheques are received. All monies must be Canadian dollars.
We will fill from the waiting list in order of cheque received. You will be notified as soon as you are placed on the wait list in order for you to decide if you would like to hold this space on the list. We will hold cheques with the wait list unless you request their return.